5 Signs you have a clogged or broken sewer line
1. Slow drainage. Do your toilets seem to take forever to flush? Or do your sinks, showers and bathtubs drain more slowly than they once did? This is a sure indicator there may be something wrong with your sewer line. A reputable drainage and sewer line company in Vancouver, equipped with the right video inspection tools, will be able to tell you right away if you have a problem with your sewer line.
2. Frequently clogged drains. When your drains don’t drain properly, material will often back up in your pipes and cause blockages in your home. This can lead to back up pump flooding.
3. What’s that smell? Clogged and broken sewer lines in Vancouver will often be accompanied by a lingering odor of sewage. You may not be able to identify the precise location, but it will be present sporadically (or possibly all the time) and may make your home uncomfortable to live in. Time to get your sewer line inspected!
4. Soggy lawns. If there are areas in your yard that seem to stay damp even when it hasn’t rained, it could be either an indication of a drainage, waterline leak or broken sewer line problem. If it’s accompanied by a sewage smell and it’s located between your house and the road, then it’s likely an issue with your sewer line.
5. Indentations in your driveway or dips in your lawn. If you notice indentations or dips in your yard or under your driveway where your sewer line runs, there is a good chance your sewer line is on the verge of collapse or it’s “bellied”—the pipe has sunk due to unstable soil conditions and created a dip where waste can collect and block the flow of sewage.
Sewer line and drainage issues in Vancouver can have many sources—from tree root infiltration and old, degraded pipework, to soil instability and improper installation with insufficient downgrade.
Do you have questions about a possible broken sewer line or drainage or waterline issues on your Vancouver property? Contact us at Budget Drainage! We’ve been taking care of your water line, sewer line and drainage issues in Vancouver for over 20 years.
Contact us today for a free quote!